We purchased Libellule in December 2011 – and our first eight seasons have been quite successful. We essentially closed Libellule for 2020 and 2021, as we were unable to visit and ensure that all was in order due to the pandemic – though we did have a couple of families visit in late summer of 2020. We spent October 2021 there, tried out our new air conditioning and heating, painted our new shutters, and are now ready to receive renters once again. We are looking forward to a great 2022 season.
Many renters have posted reviews.
- Here is the link to the Trip Advisor reviews of Libellule.
- And here is the link to our VRBO/HomeAway reviews.
- Our first renter of 2012 wrote this blog entry about her stay at Libellule and her travels in the area. In particular, she has this to say about Libellule itself.
- Mardi Michels, who blogs on culinary adventures, rented in 2013 and wrote this blog on Neffiès and Libellule.
In addition to the links that we have sprinkled throughout the descriptions on this site, here are a few more general information and other random links that we have found useful:
- The official Tourism in Occitanie site.
- Le Théâtre de Pierres in nearby Fouzilhon that has a musical bistro every Tuesday from March to June, evening presentations throughout October – and other shows during the summer.
- Restaurant reviews: Languedoc Dining and Trip Advisor
- Crème de Languedoc has tons of information on the area, including this page on towns and villages to see and this one with their restaurant reviews..
- Here is a great site for the Ariège region of the Pyrenees – covering in more details some of the sites we list in our Places to go -> West page.
- Here is an Irish Times article on travelling in our region –Wake up and smell the lavender in Languedoc
- And an article on local gardens
This is one page that we hope to expand greatly over time. Some of the links have been suggested by our guests – and we would love to hear any suggestions that you might have.